So any of you that follow me on Facebook know that I have been on a chocolate chip banana bread kick, and I decided that it is time to finally share the recipe! I made it again this for my family and it only survived two days! The girls love it for breakfast or dessert and Mike loves to pick on it all day long.
This is not my own recipe, but one I found on Pinterest below:
If you want to save some time the recipe is below. Please make sure to leave your feedback when you decide to make it! I would love to know your thoughts.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 8″x5″ (or similar size) loaf pan with baking spray (the kind with flour in it) and set aside.
- In a large bowl mash the bananas until completely smooth. Stir in the melted butter until smooth.
- Add the sugar, egg, vanilla, baking soda, salt and flour and stir until the batter is thick and combined. Fold in the chocolate chips then pour/scoop the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minute to 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Slice and enjoy!
Sprinkle a few more chocolate chips on top of the batter before baking for a pretty presentation.